Allow me to introduce you to the Red-eyed Crocodile Skink.
Since these guys were recently discovered (mid to late nineties), there isn’t a whole lot that is known about them, but I’ll share a few facts with you here.
- These guys can grow up to ten inches in length, though the average is more like seven.
- They’re pretty shy and choose to play dead as their defense mechanism.
- Other than geckos, these guys are one of the only lizards that vocalize. Their sound is described as a barking noise when they’re in distress
- Average lifespan is listed at around 6 years
Lion of Lucerne, Switzerland
photo via deidre
- Dated: late 14th/early 15th century
- Measurements: Length 30.8 cm
The dagger comes with a slender tapering blade of flattened diamond section changing in the middle to flattened hexagonal section in two stages. It has a short ricasso struck with a series of marks on both sides, flat brass guard of rectangular form rounded over the outer side.
The lower edges are decorated with bevelled notches and the inner face is engraved. The rootwood grip is swelled to form a flattened pommel fitted with engraved brass sleeve about the base. The brass pommel cap is decorated with the figure of St. Catherine.
Source: © Hermann Historica
The cast of LOTR talk about their horses